Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog - Dead....? (Update: Resolved beautifully. Even better audio w new dialog...?)
Got home, and light on my Dialog is off.  I checked wall outlet power - good. I checked power cord - good.  I unplugged Dialog and reconnect.  Still no light.  Spark has no connection. 

Got unit December 2015.  Does that mean I am toast?   

Sigh - Phantom can't be repaired. What about Dialog? 

Thanks in advance for any help.
(08-Jul-2017, 08:02)MountainGuy Wrote: Got home, and light on my Dialog is off.  I checked wall outlet power - good. I checked power cord - good.  I unplugged Dialog and reconnect.  Still no light.  Spark has no connection. 

Sorry to hear about your Dialog. 
Have you tried the hard reset method? The 3 seconds power on then off x 4? It should force download the latest firmware, it might work. I believe the Dialog is repairable, it's not sealed in any way like the Phantom.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(08-Jul-2017, 08:16)ragwo Wrote:
(08-Jul-2017, 08:02)MountainGuy Wrote: Got home, and light on my Dialog is off.  I checked wall outlet power - good. I checked power cord - good.  I unplugged Dialog and reconnect.  Still no light.  Spark has no connection. 

Sorry to hear about your Dialog. 
Have you tried the hard reset method? The 3 seconds power on then off x 4? It should force download the latest firmware, it might work. I believe the Dialog is repairable, it's not sealed in any way like the Phantom.

Thanks.  Yup, tried the hard reset.  Nothing.  THanks for the reply.
Ouch. Sorry to hear. I bought my pair of silvers Dec 2015 too. Let's see if my Dialog goes out soon as well :/

At least Dialog isn't that expensive compared to replacing a Phantom though.

If you haven't contacted support yet, might be worth a shot to present the issue. "maybe" they can work something out.
Anyone know if the warranty is 2 years or 1 years?

Phantom is 2 years but doing a search, I did not find it for the Dialog.

Thanks.
(08-Jul-2017, 19:44)MountainGuy Wrote: Anyone know if the warranty is 2 years or 1 years?

Phantom is 2 years but doing a search, I did not find it for the Dialog.

Thanks.

In the EU warranty is 2 years.
4 x Gold Phantom via LAN, 2 x Silver Phantom via LAN, Dialog, Remote, Tidal HiFi (Masters/MQA), Bluesound node II (TOS-link to Dialog, MQA), Roon (Mac)
Yup, 2 years. Devialet is replacing it - process could not have been simpler or more perfect so far. One call, and item shipping out with label to return broken unit. Easy and professional.

Good Job Devialet!
Glad to hear it worked out for you! As a bonus you'll probably receive an Airplay compatible Dialog.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Oh those AirPlay Dialogues are a treat.

I wonder if an AirPlay Phantom paired in stereo with a non-AirPlay Phantom will take in the AirPlay stream for the stereo pairing like Dialogue does? I assume so but never tried it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Just a note that I called on a Sunday. Talked to Anotnin. One call later, I got a label by email. Dropped the dead dialog off. THey cross shipped the new Dialog and arrived Wednesday. Could not have been better or simpler in terms of service and resolution.