Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereoplay rates 1000 Pro Best of Class
(15-Jul-2017, 08:48)Vivialet Wrote: the strange thing in their measurements is that the output in 8 ohm is 599W and in 4 ohm is 571W. Very strange as it should be more than 1000W into 4 ohm...I have asked in their forum why that is so...

One possible explanation, and I know at least of one very experienced tester who got caught by it, is that they made their power measurement with SAM turned on. In which case the feature protecting the maximum woofer excursion as well as the thermal protection kicks in. 

I was in fact being told by Pierre-Emmanuel Calmel that he did not know of any speaker that was able to really sustain 1000W for a long enough period to be measured as RMS power. Therefore he was telling me that unless you turn SAM off you won't be able to measure the pro1000 to its rated power. 

Of course, what I'm saying does not negate the value of the 1000W for the transients. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereoplay rates 1000 Pro Best of Class - by Jean-Marie - 15-Jul-2017, 09:01