Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is AIR getting better in the Pro era? Thoughts of little steps.....
(19-Jul-2017, 21:26)Confused Wrote: and suddenly those easy to spot differences have become very tiny little things that are surprisingly hard to find.

I think your thoughts on this are very good! I have now listened to Roon AIR for several days. I'll switch back tonight to check. I did switch back to mR/Mutec briefely some days ago and found I liked it better, but that could also be a "back to what I'm used to" thing as I've had the mR/Mutec combo unchanged for months.

I do believe that AIR streaming has an advantage in that it bypasses SPDIF/AES/USB. The asynchronous transfer and clocking inside the amp is important. The quality of clocks (and clocking!)  is vital. This is probably where Mutec is better. As I've said in a different thread: if the new Core Infinity board has a properly implemented re-clocker there is a small revolution on it's way!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is AIR getting better in the Pro era? Thoughts of little steps..... - by ogs - 20-Jul-2017, 12:26