Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is AIR getting better in the Pro era? Thoughts of little steps.....
(20-Jul-2017, 14:25)ogs Wrote:
(20-Jul-2017, 12:55)Confused Wrote:  I do occasionally have radical thoughts about using an SOtM clock board and Mutec REF10 to clock Devialet's ADH!  To difficult though, I think, plus I would not want to be the first person to try it.

To really benefit from a Mutec REF 10 on the ADH the Devialet must have a word clock input and internal circuitry to deal with it - which it doesn't. I do not know the Expert architecture well enough to know if this is possible.

Indeed, clearly the Devialet does not have a word clock input.  However, I believe it would be possible, using say a Mutec REF10 and something like SOtM's sCLK-EX.

https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/englis...m/sclk-ex/

You are right though, you would need intimate knowledge of the Expert / ADH architecture, clocking systems, as well as being very brave and having a steady hand with a soldering iron.  In real world practical terms, I will not be doing it!  I doubt anyone ever will not be honest.  You never know though.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is AIR getting better in the Pro era? Thoughts of little steps..... - by Confused - 20-Jul-2017, 15:26