Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is AIR getting better in the Pro era? Thoughts of little steps.....
As long as UDP is used for AIR we'll always have talk of drop-outs and crackling unfortunately. When (if) the OS board runs RAAT we will see the more robust TCP in use and I think there will be few that has problems with packet-loss.

Very few units have USB and AES outs from the same internal source. A USB to AES DDC can be used, but then you're not comparing equal sizes. Still, this is an interesting comparison to make. I wish Devialet would provide us with a block-diagram showing where inputs are terminated. AIR and USB may have less processing of the data flow than AES and SPDIF. If your thinking is correct, a microRendu (maybe with a ISORegen) or the new ultraRendu should be comparable to AIR. AES/SPDIF would suffer because of the internal signal path or some other factor. I am working on a comparison of RoonAIR and mR/Mutec, but this takes more time than I first thought!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is AIR getting better in the Pro era? Thoughts of little steps..... - by ogs - 24-Jul-2017, 15:22