Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet
(27-Jul-2017, 17:03)efranklin Wrote: Thank you - that was really useful and after following the very clear directions I got it to work ... BUT, only if the WiFi is switched off. I'm willing to bet anyone who knows anything about computer networks would probably say "Well, of course, what did you expect?!", but I didn't expect that.

Is there any way of keeping the Mac Mini connected to my home network wirelessly while it communicates with the Dev over the ethernet cable?

This is kind of crucial for me, since it's a "headless mini" so the only way of controlling it is over the wireless network using a VNC connection. (Less crucially it also needs to connect to download music files, do backups, etc).

Thanks again for any help
Edmund.

Yes there is a way. 
The easiest for you is probably to go into System Preferences > Sharing control panel
And from there activate internet connection sharing and tell the Mac that you want to share your wifi with Ethernet. 

This way everything should be working at the same time. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet - by Jean-Marie - 27-Jul-2017, 18:18