Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet
(27-Jul-2017, 00:31)efranklin Wrote: Dear all, I've read a few posts that seem to indicate it is possible to connect a Mac Mini (operating as a music server) directly to a Devialet Expert via ethernet cable, ie instead of connecting them both to a router. I've not been able to get this right and wonder if someone can explain how to do this - if it's possible?

My mini connects wirelessly to my home network (set up by an Apple Airport Extreme), as does the Dev (but very weakly). Wireless connection between the mini and Dev proved very poor, so I've been using a USB connection. However, I'd like to take advantage of Bitperfect.

Connecting the Dev to the Extreme worked fine - but they are several rooms apart, so cabling is going to be a nightmare.

The mini sits right next to the Dev, so connecting the two via an Ethernet cable without going via the Extreme would be ideal.

The Dev has a fixed IP address (192.168.0.4).

If anyone could help I would be hugely appreciative!

Thanks.

Hi,

I do have a similar setup with a Mac directly connected to my D1000 by ethernet with fixed IP. The correct IP setting is crucial. The IP you mention (192.168.0.4) looks like DHCP which should be deactivated on your Dev.

AIR is then set to ethernet.

Then you are free to activate WIFI using DHCP, for example. Note that you must adapt these settings in

System Prefs > Network > Ethernet > Advanced > TCPIP > Manual (for your Devialet conncetion)
System Prefs > Network > WiFi > Advanced > TCPIP > DHCP (for your WiFi conncetion)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet - by Mohmm - 28-Jul-2017, 18:18