Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet
Hi baddog and Mohmm -

Apologies for a bit of a delay in my response - just got back after being away since yesterday.

I've done my best to follow your suggestions but still have the same problem: I can get it to play over ethernet cable but it cuts out as soon as I connect to my wifi internet connection.

I originally had the Devialet IP address manually forced to 192.168.0.4 by the router - this stems from when I was trying to use AIR. In case this was the problem, I deleted this on the router and changed the Dev IP address to 192.168.0.70 using the online configurator, and manually set the MBP ethernet cable IP to 192.168.0.71. The MBP's wifi IP address is 192.168.0.18.

Whatever I do, my experience is I can get it all working while WiFi is off on my MBP, but as soon as I switch wifi on it cuts out!
I also discovered that as soon as I plug the ethernet cable from the Dev into my MBP I immediately lose internet connectivity over the wifi (although wifi remains connected). Definitely feels like IP address issues ... but I don't really know how these things work ...

I have pasted all the settings below.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet - by efranklin - 29-Jul-2017, 16:31