Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet
The thunderbolt Ethernet connection is because I'm doing all the testing on my Macbook which only has thunderbolt outputs (I have the thunderbolt / ethernet converter cable) - it's much easier because I can only access the Mini over wifi (it doesn't have a monitor / keyboard), so if I lose or switch wifi off then I can't access it. (Actually I can, using Duet and my iPad over a USB cable, but it's not as easy as using the MBP!).

Wireless from the Mini to the Devialet works (but very poorly unless I put the Extreme right next to the Dev). I admit I haven't tested this for some time now, and earlier today disabled Wireless on the Dev (I think one of the posts in reply to this query suggested it should be disabled).

Ethernet direct to the Dev works (from both the Mini and my MBP) provided Wifi is switched off.

Wireless with internet sharing turned off works - this is the only way I ever had it - I'm not sure what you mean here by "and via ethernet", as my understanding is that wireless is not via ethernet. Anyway, in my setup I used wireless when there was no ethernet cable.

I have also successfully used ethernet cable when the Dev was connected by cable to the Extreme (this is last year, though, when I had the Dev close to the Extreme).

I haven't tried wireless with internet sharing on. I also haven't tried wireless with the ethernet cable connected between the Mac and the Dev. But the ethernet connection works fine when wireless is turned off, irrespective of whether sharing is on or not, and it stops as soon as I switch wifi on, again irrespective of whether sharing is on or not.

Maddening!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet - by efranklin - 29-Jul-2017, 18:44