Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet
I have done everything on the mini that I've done on the MBP - I get exactly the same result! That rules out anything specific to the mini or even OSX. The problem must either be the way I've set it up (since I use the same setup on both mini and MBP), or some general network setup, or maybe hardware on the Dev?

I also forgot to mention that I've rebooted the router, Extreme, Mini, MBP and Dev, and let them come up in the order you suggested - still same result!!!

So, maybe just to be sure I haven't misunderstood something, this is what I have done:
- on the Devialet I have enabled USB (which works fine but doesn't automatically switch bit rate to match that of the source file), Ethernet and Optical (I sometimes wanted to use this, although it's pretty irrelevant now)
- the Dev Ethernet connection is configured with DHCP off and fixed IP address of 192.168.0.70. (I note that when I scroll through settings on the Dev using the little round screen, it always shows DHCP ON when I get to the ethernet settings - this seems strange to me, but maybe it's normal?)
- on both my Macbook Pro and Mac Mini I have the following settings:
   - System Prefs / Network / WiFi: Configure IPv4 using DHCP, Mask 255.255.255.0
   - System Prefs / Network / Ethernet: Configure IPv4 Manually, IP Address 192.168.0.71 (Note: I never connect both the MBP and Mini at the same time, so I don't expect there to be any IP conflict here)
   - System Prefs / Sharing: Internet Sharing enabled, for Ethernet

And with the above settings, whether I do the test from my Mini or the MBP I get the same result:
- I can get the ethernet connection to work provided I have switched Wifi off. (This usually does require some "fiddling" that I can't really pin down, such as disabling Devialet AIR, sometimes more than once)
- once it's working, as soon as I switch wifi back on again the music immediately goes silent (and input signal levels on the Dev screen go to zero).

Hey ho - it's all rather complex. I do lament the absence of any decent configuration user guides from Devialet!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet - by efranklin - 29-Jul-2017, 19:44