Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet
OK, so thanks to errors of pure chance, I seem to have found a solution ... this is what happened:

For reasons best known to itself my Devialet decided it didn't like one of the SD cards I was using and so it reverted - on bootup - to FACTORY CONFIGURATION. Now it just so happened that I still had the MBP connected via ethernet cable to the Dev and I had left iTunes playing music. And - HALLELUJAH - once the Dev booted, now in factory config, it started playing over the ethernet source!!

I checked the Ethernet config on the little window and it was using 192.168.2.2, DHCP off. I rushed back into configurator and used the same settings, changing absolutely nothing else, and when I rebooted the Dev with this new config ... wait for it ... it worked!

I now have iTunes playing over a direct ethernet cable from my MBP to the Dev, while the MBP is also connected to the internet over my wifi (and which I am using now to write this)!!

I've had a few minutes only to test it, and I have an impression there's quite a lag on the wifi internet connection before it starts looking for the relevant web page - maybe some artificial latency due to looking in the wrong place first ... I don't know enough about this stuff.

But how's that? Just using an IP address with .2.x instead of .0.x got it working!!!

Once again thank you to everyone who took the time to help me out. I'm humbled by your willingness to give your time to help others.

If anyone has a view as to why this worked I'd love to hear it!

All the best, Edmund.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet - by efranklin - 30-Jul-2017, 00:02