Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has the Roon support killed all opposition?
(22-Aug-2017, 13:51)Gerronwithit Wrote: If the Roon iPad client, unlike the Audirvana+ client, would actually work on my oldish iPad I would be happier. As I am having to replace my geriatric iPhone 4 if the iPhone 8 actually delivers, am unwilling to donate any more dosh to Apple this year. Am really happy. however, being able to power on and off my Devialet from Roon as well as controlling the volume. Nice integration.

I understand there is work underway for a web-based Roon client which would work for anything that can run a web browser including old iPads.  That could be a big win.

Regarding Devialet opposition... I think it's safe to say we all love our Devialet gear.  With that said, there certainly have been times of frustration trying to understand just what Devialet is up to.   Customer communication has never been their forte.   But certainly, the release of Roon AIR no doubt made many of us happy.   

Next up... the new OS/streaming board.  I don't expect to hear much for another month but Devialet certainly has the opportunity to impress us big time with this.   Can't wait to see what it holds.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has the Roon support killed all opposition? - by mdconnelly - 22-Aug-2017, 14:33