Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has the Roon support killed all opposition?
From my perspective - one word answer is yes! I have struggled for two years to establish a stable connection between my Devialet and my digital music - and some of the solutions I adopted, I now recognise as not the best in terms of sound quality, now I have Roon Ethernet working. There is an extra dimension in terms of sound quality. I still get the very rare click or stutter - but as someone who started off in the vinyl era that is nothing. (And I am usually the cause of these clicks etc as they occur when I am doing stuff such as transferring files into the NAS that I use to store my music library - but even then it only happens occasionally).

I was particularly sceptical about Roon metadata and indexing as nearly all of my very large collection is classical. I must admit I have been pleasantly surprised. I continue to use my own album titles, but have gone with Roon for almost everything else. I have even uncovered a few duplicated albums! Roon discovery has made all sorts of interesting connections within my music collection - and I now listen much greater variety of music.

The Tidal integration is excellent. I am also a Qobuz subscriber - if only Qobuz was integrated in the same way as Tidal! We cannot have everything. I would probably relinquish my Tidal subscription if this was the case.

The bottom line is that if you are a serious music listener wanting to get best out both your music collection and your Devialet - Roon is the way!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has the Roon support killed all opposition? - by Will - 23-Aug-2017, 08:23