Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has the Roon support killed all opposition?
(22-Aug-2017, 10:30)bernardl Wrote: Is it just an impression, or has the support of Devialet Air by Roon pretty much killed all the negativity I was feeling in this forum?

It has been very quiet since then. Wink

I assume that most posters are now enjoying great music through the Roon iPad client. So am I!

Cheers,
Bernard

For many they have removed Devialet from the AIR equation - at least in the important sense of it not being flakey with bugs and issues handled in silence (or more likely ignored) behind the concrete wall of Devialet secrecy.

Sadly though I find myself not using it, because I need to group my hifi with the kitchen most of the time. But that said I'm perfectly happy with the Allo digiOne for the time being - and that's also partly thanks to Roon. To be perfectly honest I could barely tell them apart to be close enough to call them equal. Hopefully the streamerboard will allow me to get rid of the Allo in a couple of months.

I think the negativity will return if Devialet make a bodged delivery of the streamerboard - i.e. deliver it late or it doesn't sound/function better than what it replaces. But innocent until proven guilty. Just about anyway.....

(23-Aug-2017, 10:20)petrik Wrote: I am just having a feeling that the streamer board will not bring any useful features for me, so therefore I haven't been too excited about it. If it supports Roon RAAT and HQPlayer NAA then it's great but I haven't seen any promises regarding those.

Well, on the Roon forum an engineer from Devialet did - to all intents and purposes - imply it would be RoonReady at least.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has the Roon support killed all opposition? - by Hifi_swlon - 23-Aug-2017, 22:24