Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has the Roon support killed all opposition?
(29-Oct-2017, 09:55)ogs Wrote:
(21-Oct-2017, 23:25)watchnerd Wrote: In your sig, it looks like you're going SPDIF out of the digiOne to AES in on the Devialet.

Does require some conversion more than just a cable with coax on one end and XLR on the other?

I'm not  Hifi_swlon, but the Neutrik in his sig is this one: http://www.neutrik.com/en/accessories/ae...aditbnc-mx

Yeah, see above (thanks ogs).

Fwiw I have both connections wired simultaneously:
rca>rca via a non-exotic cable made from tm3 connections. http://tm3connections.com/hi-fi-audio-ca...elden-1694
It’s worth noting that I went for the 75ohm cable/connectors but later Allo revealed they didn’t set their RCA output at 75ohm as they didn’t believe a true 75ohm connector existed - go figure.

Coax>coax (stock cable) into the Neutrik converter into Devialet AES. Although a specific coax>AES cable would most likely just work.

For the life of me I can’t tell the two apart. I leave it on the AES probably just because I bought the adaptor and it’s reported to be the best input but it’s certainly beyond any measure I can hear. I only leave them both wired up because the rca cable was thick and inflexible and a pain to get in and out so I just leave it there if I ever need it in the future or ever have the desire to compare them again which seems wholly unlikely.

I think I’ve fully gone through the ‘experimental, worrying about it all’ phase and have thankfully come out the other side unscathed other than having wasted a lot of time to come to the conclusion that inputs and digital cables don’t really mean anything to me in the grand scheme of things, in fact i probably lean back towards it making little or no difference, certainly to me.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has the Roon support killed all opposition? - by Hifi_swlon - 29-Oct-2017, 12:41