Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Elevate
(15-Nov-2017, 21:27)Hissbull Wrote: Spoke with Devialet customer support and they confirmed that ADH2 is hardware.

Olay now how do we tell what Phantoms do and don’t have ADH2. Current and new. Say is it Airplay Phantoms? Or something after those. Or before those? How do we tell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
(16-Nov-2017, 05:40)kmjy Wrote:
(15-Nov-2017, 21:27)Hissbull Wrote: Spoke with Devialet customer support and they confirmed that ADH2 is hardware.

Olay now how do we tell what Phantoms do and don’t have ADH2.

I proposed here a way how one can find out if the Phantom has ADH2 built in or ADH. However this needs to have both versions of Phantoms available for a A/B test. You run a track at very low output volume in Spark. I proposed a volume of 2 out of 100. Like this the Phantom unmutes and you can hear very silent the music you play that is burried in the background noise. This background noise is much louder on Phantoms with ADH than on those with ADH2. I did the test with my Gold Phantoms (ADH2) and my Silver Phantom (ADH). Subjectively I would say it is a difference in background noise of 3-6 dB, therefore clearly audible. When you do not play music the Phantoms mute and you cannot hear any noise or sound, but playing music very silently unmutes them and you can hear the quantity of background noise that is a result of the used DAQ and ADH(2).
(16-Nov-2017, 06:30)streamy Wrote:
(16-Nov-2017, 05:40)kmjy Wrote:

Olay now how do we tell what Phantoms do and don’t have ADH2.

I proposed here a way how one can find out if the Phantom has ADH2 built in or ADH. However this needs to have both versions of Phantoms available for a A/B test. You run a track at very low output volume in Spark. I proposed a volume of 2 out of 100. Like this the Phantom unmutes and you can hear very silent the music you play that is burried in the background noise. This background noise is much louder on Phantoms with ADH than on those with ADH2. I did the test with my Gold Phantoms (ADH2) and my Silver Phantom (ADH). Subjectively I would say it is a difference in background noise of 3-6 dB, therefore clearly audible. When you do not play music the Phantoms mute and you cannot hear any noise or sound, but playing music very silently unmutes them and you can hear the quantity of background noise that is a result of the used DAQ and ADH(2).

If there's an overwhelming hiss = ADH. If just a little bit = ADH2. Easy as that. I don't think comparing is necessary.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
ADH2 is in all white and silver models produced from march 2017
So, from that date they sounding better.
And now with elevete the white from 750 to 1200 watt and decreasing the price with 200 euro’s they try to get a better market position :-)
Océane from Devialet support called me today to confirm a request I made re.: the new Expert streamer board. After this I asked her about ADH2. As Hissbull says, this is hardware and was introduced in all models when/after Gold appeared on the market. There was a "secret" change of Silver and White internals at this time (probably the internal design is more or less the same for all Phantoms, including upgrade to the Devialet DAC). I then assume the latest firmware enables functionality in White related to this. Silver may have enabled the improvements earlier.

If I have understood all this correctly Elevate is actually a White with more power, better sound and lower price. Whether those of you with Whites (or Silvers) have ADH2 is difficult to say. If you bought them after Gold was introduced it is likely the ADH2 version. streamy and ragwo both suggest good ways to find out.

EDIT: I see Johnnydev has even more specific timing on when the change for Silver and White took place.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Now....I would like to know how the current Elevate/White compares with the 1st generation Silver....Smile
I received a reply from Devialet Customer care on my question for when ADH2 was put in Silver and White.

First Leslie confirms once again that ADH2 is hardware "...introduced with the first series of Gold Phantom." Then she writes that "..all Phantoms (White, Silver and Gold) produced since ending of 2015 are ADH2 enabled."
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
As a follow up I asked Leslie if she could reveal from which serial number White and Silver got ADH2. Leslie replied the following:
"If you want to check for your own serial number you can send it to us and we can confirm whether your device has the ADH2 or not but we do not give out general serial number selections."

I guess this is understandable and a reasonable response from Devialet. So if you are unsure, go ahead and send your White or Silver serial numbers to Devialet and they will check for you.
Devialetless!
I just received a Xmas present (to myself) set of Elevates. The two serial numbers are QUITE different - which naturally concerns me. I’ve already sent Devialet a message inquiring about this. Wondering if it is a concern to have widely non sequential (or close to it) serial numbers. One phantom could not be found during setup - which frustrated me greatly until I got the three button press quickly enough to factory reset. On about the 30th cycle of plugging unplugging everything. Hmmmm. Can I assume hardware is reasonably matched up?
In fact, I notice that one starts K48N and one K48P. Anyone know what this designates? The N keeps dropping with Airplay, BTW for what that may be worth...