Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delay on a stable version of Core Infinity
(10-Nov-2017, 01:00)ssfas Wrote:
(09-Nov-2017, 23:08)Hifi_swlon Wrote: There was a small window where I put the ridicule aside and allowed myself to be optimistic about Devialet.

I think @Confused coined the phrase ‘the only thing predictable about Devialet is that they’re unpredictable’.

Except, it seems, when it comes to software/firmware and communication where they’re utterly predictable and so bad it’s just laughable. I don’t take it too seriously or worry about it any more but I do find it kind of surreal - if a film were made about Devialet’s shambolic and chaotic performance, hiding behind glossy marketing BS, you’d think it was totally unbelievable. It’s that bad.

Optimist here. What's this about "the death of Air" in your signature?

Originally Air didn't work for me because of my wifi setup, now it is hardwired I set it up this evening in 5 minutes and it is working perfectly to 24/192 ethernet and 24/96 wifi. The 24/192 by wifi just can't hack it, but Qobuz in OSX has a drop-down list to chose a maximum sample rate, so I can just drop it down a step. 
Part of the wifi problem seems to be sending at 5g and then the router switching to 2.4g. Changing the macbook to the 2.4gb band makes it much better, but it is not quite there. With 5g it should be no hassle.

I never used WiFi. I’ve got no idea how it relates to my post, but I don’t really care either....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Delay on a stable version of Core Infinity - by Hifi_swlon - 10-Nov-2017, 19:45
RE: Delay on a stable version of Core Infinity - by Arno-G - 14-Nov-2017, 22:29