Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iphone app problems after core infinity upgrade
Good afternoon,

I have received my Experts pro after core infinity upgrade, all seems fine so far.

BUT, the iphone app doesn't work properly any more .

I cannot control volume any more , only switch off

Does anyone can confirm this or do I something wrong ?

With original remote control everything seems fine.
Same here iphone app Don,t work Anymore
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
My iPhone app works but the input titles don't match the setup. Volume OK. When my D220 came back the Devialet remote wasn't working until I re-synced it. Everything works fine now.
I've noticed that the Devialet app is no longer in the Apple store (or wasn't a couple of nights ago). I assume that it will be replaced some time soon.
Garrard 401 in AMD plinth, 12" Wand tonearm with a Sumiko Blackbird LO; Cyrus CDxT; MacBook Pro with Audirvana Plus; Sonos ZP80; Devialet D220; Martin Logan ELS Electromotion.
I know that the iPhone app behaviour has been mentioned elsewhere but it may deserve it's own thread. Or else this should be in the CI problems thread. However, for me using AIR the app works to indicate volume and changes when the physical remote is used. The app also changes the volume on the amp. Likewise, the AIR app on the computer (Expert Pro-ETH > Settings) also shows the current volume.

Using a digital input, the iPhone app does not indicate the current volume nor change when the physical remote is adjusted. So it seems to behave differently depending on the input used. In both situations, the iPhone app shows 'unknown' in orange at the bottom of the dial. 

RE the app store, a recent change to iTunes removed mobile apps from the app store in iTunes on computes. You will find all the Devialet mobile apps by using the App Store on your phone.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(09-Dec-2017, 15:51)frenek Wrote: Good afternoon,

I have received my Experts pro after core infinity upgrade, all seems fine so far.

BUT, the iphone app doesn't work properly any more .

I cannot control volume any more , only switch off

Does anyone can confirm this or do I something wrong ?

With original remote control everything seems fine.
similar experience here...the app can turn on the D and the volume dial will show a change made in volume, numbers rising or falling, but the true volume at the D remains the same
(09-Dec-2017, 17:41)pjcamera Wrote: My iPhone app works but the input titles don't match the setup. Volume OK. When my D220 came back the Devialet remote wasn't working until I re-synced it. Everything works fine now.
I've noticed that the Devialet app is no longer in the Apple store (or wasn't a couple of nights ago). I assume that it will be replaced some time soon.

Today I did find the Devialet Expert Remote App in the App Store. Use the search function looking for ‘Devialet Expert Remote’. Then put your filter on ‘supporting iPhone only’ and there it is.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Which search function ?
Where do I have to put the filter "iphone only" ?
Please tell something more

Before Core Infinity it works with iphone and orig. remote
frenek,

I think that charlemagne may be using an older version of iTunes; previous versions to the current version (12.7.1.14 on my iMac) included iPhone and iPad apps in the Store area of iTunes. I read in the release notes to the current version that as a result of trying to simplify iTunes, apps are now managed directly from the iPhone or iPad, and are not available from within iTunes.

You must also be on the current iTunes version as the filters mentioned are no longer available. I just checked and I do not get any results using 'Devialet' in the iTunes search.

Try going to the App Store app on your phone- not on the computer. I am confident you will find the remote software there. I cannot say that it will solve the current issues with the iPhone remote, but at least you will have the current app.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Had the same issue with iOS App after my PRO 250 Core upgrade. It powers up with random volume reading and not linked to the unit. I was able to reestablish communication by switching sources a few times, but same problem happens with the next power up. Reported the problem on Devialet Support site.
Devialet Pro 250 Core Infinity; Meridian: Control15 (2), MS600 and 218 (3), Sooloos Core on QNAP, Roon Core on Nucleus+ 4TB SSD
Technics SL1200GAE, Audio Technica AT33PTG; Focal Utopia Scala; Transparent Reference cables; PS Audio P5 Regenerator (2), MIT in-wall conditioner
Had the same issue with my app (iphone) after the Core upgrade. Hopefully they will fix it because it is so frustrating to live with