Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
amabrok's System
(02-Dec-2014, 10:41)Confused Wrote: When you use the slave inputs, the slave effectively becomes the master, so the signal in the link cable runs in the other direction, from slave to master. The 3.5mm trigger cable has the job of telling the slave / master which way the signal is running between the two amps.
thanks

So it has no function if all the inputs on the slave are disabled
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(02-Dec-2014, 11:38)amabrok Wrote: So it has no function if all the inputs on the slave are disabled

That's what I concluded too. In my view this is another thing Devialet need to get a grip on: when you set up a dual-mono configuration this link cable is shown by default, but I couldn't find any documentation explaining what it's there for. Furthermore it's not even physically provided with the companion unit. Very confusing.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(02-Dec-2014, 12:19)thumb5 Wrote:
(02-Dec-2014, 11:38)amabrok Wrote: So it has no function if all the inputs on the slave are disabled

That's what I concluded too. In my view this is another thing Devialet need to get a grip on: when you set up a dual-mono configuration this link cable is shown by default, but I couldn't find any documentation explaining what it's there for. Furthermore it's not even physically provided with the companion unit. Very confusing.
Agree!

But actually my companion came with one

Albeit an ugly looking white trigger cable Smile that seems to be cheap
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
The Montis is here Smile

[Image: 0ac7fa1e82cc31b6d2472bdb6461b46f.jpg]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
amabrok's System update (ML ESL upgraded to Montis) :
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Power Cable: Audioquest NRG-X3 >> Power Conditioner: PS Audio Dectet Power Center (to all components) >> Main Source*: Aurender X100L 8 TB (tracks stored on eternal HDD or streamed from NAS [WD MyCloud 3TB]) >> Interconnect: USB Audioquest Cinnamon USB A/B cable >> DAC/Pre/Amp/Streamer: Devialet D400 >> Loudspeakers Cables: Vertere Pulse X >> Loudspeakers: Martin Logan Montis.

* Secondary Source 1: Denon DCD 1520AE SACD/CD Player >> Interconnect: QED Signature coaxial digital cable
* Secondary Source 2: Macbook Pro (Qobuz or Tidal) >> Devialet Air Wifi >> Wifi Router: Linksys 1900AC

[Image: 1b94039beb0b4303e709ecbfe89e0fec.jpg]

[Image: 7d6c30578e806e2c8c7dc456583ef691.jpg]

Dubai, UAE
Nice!

I understand you like your view a lot (you even chose see through panels as speakers Smile However, there should be a lot of soundstage confusion considering the dipole nature of your speakers and the glass behind them... Are you thinking of getting some drapes?

Cheers...

Kunter
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
@amabrok: congrats! This does look even more impressive.

Like others I'm a bit concerned about your acoustic environment though.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
@Kunter, @Charlemagne

Thanks to you both Smile

I hear you regarding the room acoustics, however I guess I'm lucky and in a way the room shape allows me to get away with this without losing the nice view Smile

The system as you see it is in the corner of a relatively bigger living room which is not uniform and that helps break reflections. The room is L shaped with roughly 9.5x8.5 meters and the ceiling has a bit of dome shape all of which help improve the acoustics and compensate the effect of the harsh windows Smile

Dubai, UAE
(21-Nov-2014, 17:14)amabrok Wrote: Hi All

Glad to share with you my system

Power Cable: Audioquest NRG-X3 >> Power Conditioner: PS Audio Detect Power Center (to all components) >> Main Source*: Aurender X100L 8 TB (tracks stored on eternal HDD or streamed from NAS) >> USB Audioquest Cinnamon USB A/B cable >> DAC/Pre/Amp/Streamer**: Devialet D200 >> Vertere Pulse X loudspeaker cables >> Loudspeakers***: Martin Logan Electromotion ESL

* Secondary Source 1: Denon DCD 1520AE SACD/CD Player >> connected to D200 via QED Signature coaxial digital cable
* Secondary Source 2: Macbook Pro (Qobuz or Tidal) >> Devialet Air Wifi
** DAC/Pre/Amp/Streamer: Soon to be D400 (order placed already)
*** Loudspeakers: Upgrade in process, either ML Montis, WA Sophia 3 or B&W 802D

Comments, suggestions and/or feedback are welcomed Smile

Very nice. Mrs ozthepoz would like to know why my Dev/ML combination doesn't look as neat and tidy Big Grin
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
(07-Dec-2014, 11:40)ozthepoz Wrote: Very nice. Mrs ozthepoz would like to know why my Dev/ML combination doesn't look as neat and tidy Big Grin

thanks!

Feel free to copy the layout

(07-Dec-2014, 11:40)ozthepoz Wrote: Very nice. Mrs ozthepoz would like to know why my Dev/ML combination doesn't look as neat and tidy Big Grin

thanks!

Feel free to copy the layout

Dubai, UAE
I could send Mrs ozthepoz some pictures of my own system...... She would soon realise that things are not really so bad.

(KEF Blades, D800, massive turntable, CD player, tuner, surround system with three discreet amplifiers, JBL floor-standers with 12" bass drivers as surround speakers, enough cable to re-wire Africa etc....)