Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
(12-Jul-2018, 20:47)thumb5 Wrote:
(12-Jul-2018, 20:25)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Was it good?! Smile

Yes, I thought it was excellent.  Great to get a chance to talk to Joachim and Matthieu, and it gave me a much more positive feeling about what Devialet are doing these days.  They outlined what's in the pipeline for the rest of this year (at least) and I think are being more realistic about what they plan to deliver and when.  I got the impression that the hyperbolic marketing might be out of favour and realism is seen as a good thing.  More to come...

Nice one. Thanks for the write up.

Generally seems positive but A9 was incredibly disappointing (if not predicable based on the lack of anything happening past couple of years). The promise sold with the Experts (non pro) was one of evolving and eradicating obsolescence through the EVO platform. This is now only partly true - the products only evolve up to the point they decide to make radical hardware upgrades - at which point the earlier models seemingly stagnate. A very different vision to the one sold with the units, and if I’m honest I believe was completely planned obsolescence - the factory video has Quentin Sannié specifically sating the move to CI was to save them developing for two different architectures. That’s pretty naughty.

Now I can understand the need to update the computer part as technology and demands evolve, but they should have designed it (or a version of) that could work in the non pro. so users of older models had cheaper options on this ‘forced’ payment to avoid obsolescence they shouldn’t have had. Or even an outboard box.

Doesn’t affect me as I went pro but I feel bad for existing expert owners. Sure their amps still work but for how long? A topic for another time.

Many of the other answers were interesting.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018 - by Hifi_swlon - 12-Jul-2018, 21:07