Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
(07-Jul-2018, 20:11)petrik Wrote: I would like to create and tweak these PEQs manually by myself without needing to contact the support every single time.

How did Devialet deliver this? A separate file with the PEQ settings? When I got my speakers SAM'ed I received a file named 'sam_cfg.txt' containing the config. This will override any SAM settings in the main config file. It will probably enable SAM too - even if it is turned off in the config, but I have not tried this. 'sam_cfg.txt' is of course CRC protected.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(10-Jul-2018, 08:34)ogs Wrote:
(07-Jul-2018, 20:11)petrik Wrote: I would like to create and tweak these PEQs manually by myself without needing to contact the support every single time.

How did Devialet deliver this? A separate file with the PEQ settings? When I got my speakers SAM'ed I received a file named 'sam_cfg.txt' containing the config. This will override any SAM settings in the main config file. It will probably enable SAM too - even if it is turned off in the config, but I have not tried this. 'sam_cfg.txt' is of course CRC protected.

Yes, exactly. They gave two 'dsp_cfg.txt' files (one for the master and one for the companion). Both are having this CRC protection.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Incidentally, if the deals for DC members (mentioned in the first post) are available after the event - please let us know and what they are!

Looks like another event is being hosted in London the day before too. Not trying to distract from this one as OA are very helpful and interact here a bit, but just incase anyone wants to go but can’t get to Oxford. (See the DC events page)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(06-Jul-2018, 13:11)Confused Wrote: list, see below.

Expert Pro / General.

2) What are the plans for the web based configurator onboard the CI? Will it evolve to replace the current internet configurator, and ultimately remove the need for SD card configuration? Please share as much detail as you can.

@Confused

Appreciate late in the day, but is it possible to add a subset of question 2) above regarding the current Devialet online configurator. I was amending an existing configuration last night and it just won't save any of the changes (appreciate the version date never changes even when it does save correctly). Then I tried making a new configuration file and after spending time doing this it also didn't save (never understood why there's no 'save' button for the configuration files). I see the configurator has been updated with the new 140Pro & 210Pro models, but functionality has deteriorated. In case anyone asks I did delete all cache/cookies/browsing data via Chrome, but this still made no difference.

If a new web based configurator was being released ASAP then I would just wait, but I truthfully don't see this happening in a hurry and would be low down the list of updates for the Devialet Expert team. Not having a go at Devialet here, just appreciate that they probably have differing priorities, which may become clearer at the presentation today.

Cheers
John

PS  Hope the presentation goes well today, you get (most) of your questions answered, and there are some nice surprises from Devialet (and no doubt from OAC who are doing a great job arranging this).
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
A bit off topic but, I see OAC are demo’ing the D1000 Pro with the recently received Magico A3, I’d be interested to hear what people think, a good match?, a good speaker?

Would love to attend but can’t make it Dodgy
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK
(12-Jul-2018, 08:48)Carcrashboy Wrote: A bit off topic but, I see OAC are demo’ing the D1000 Pro with the recently received Magico A3, I’d be interested to hear what people think, a good match?, a good speaker?

Would love to attend but can’t make it Dodgy

Funny thing about some demos I see online etc...

Nobody would ever, buy flagship amplification at this price point, if they are considering entry level speakers at that price point.
(12-Jul-2018, 15:55)Dvlt PhD Wrote: Funny thing about some demos I see online etc...
Nobody would ever, buy flagship amplification at this price point, if they are considering entry level speakers at that price point.

Not as I see it. Even Magico's 'entry level' speaker should be outstanding, and it will be influenced by the quality of all upstream equipment. It will sound it's best with the best amplification and source. Space and room size also influence speaker choice and the A3 might be the best choice for some rooms.

Additionally, there is a sound character that I think all Devialet amps, of the same series, share and so impressions of the A3 with a D1000 Pro or D440 would relevant to me with a D220. Not directly transferable, but worth noting nonetheless. My 220 costs double my speakers price, and that makes sense to me....(must re-examine definition of 'sense' and 'worth' when I have time to soak in the tub)

Finally, pairing expensive electronics with budget (ahem) speakers is often part of many equipment reviews, if that has any relevance.

I am curious to read the posts of those who are able to attend the OAC event. I'm hardly current on the state of the Devialet, or software updates, but it is still interesting reading.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(12-Jul-2018, 17:00)Damon Wrote: ...
must re-examine definition of 'sense' and 'worth' when I have time to soak in the tub
I am curious to read the posts of those who are able to attend the OAC event.

Big Grin

Me too. Maybe it’s still going? Hoping to hear some feedback soon. Really hoping it’s a true change of form for Devialet customer engagement and actually sharing some exciting and interesting insights with us.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Hello chaps! The event finished a couple of hours ago, and I've just got home. Will write up answers to the famous 13 questions first, followed by a more general summary of the event in due course. On the case now...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Was it good?! Smile