Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming from router via ethernet cable
I once used Air along with an Apple Extreme, quality ethernet cables, got this all going well apart from drop outs, these happened at any time.
Some days it wouldn't miss a beat with nothing altered, then the next i would have to stop playing music in this way and revert to good old compact disc.
I then got wondering, downloaded Kinsky and connected via usb cable and sound improved no end, i could play from the melco with no drop outs, the only problem was Kinsky. So i went and set up my Roon account on my laptop with the ipad calling the shots, but i had to have the laptop run all the time, so i invested in the Intel I7 NUC and set up Roon Rock, now pure bliss music pours out no trouble, between the NUC and the Devialet i tried an IFI usb 3 with there own usb cables, so far it hasn't been removed, it hasn't taken anything away from the music,just cleared the edges just like a quality lens on a dslr.
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
Mains supply, dedicated consumer unit, 5Kw balanced transformer,
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Streaming from router via ethernet cable - by TheFactsOfLife - 27-Jun-2018, 13:03