Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming from router via ethernet cable
(27-Jun-2018, 10:56)ovo Wrote: Do you have the CI upgrade and are you using the latest Firmware?

If so, then I have the following problems (which are acknowledged by Devialet in the latest release notes) - that when using Audirvana+, AIR ethernet still drops out when playing tracks with different Bit/Sample rates. It's also the case that when changing Bit/Sample rates my Mac OS sound preference defaults from 'Devialet AIR' to "Internal Speakers" or to 'Devialet USB' if connected.

This is what I do - 1. On the AIR 3.0.4 pull down menu at the top of the screen select 'Disable AIR" then re-select 'AIR Ethernet.
                         2. I change 'Internal Speakers' to 'Devialet AIR' in the Sound Preferences menu in System Preferences (this is just to be tidy because AIR ethernet will still play despite the sound preference showing 'Internal Speakers'.)

After that everything plays properly. I have convinced myself that, in my system, AIR ethernet sounds better than USB. I don't use the AIR 'phone/iPAD app, as I am using a repurposed iMac,I think that there are threads elsewhere dealing with the app.

No, I don't have the CI upgrade but using the latest firmware for the 400 expert.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Streaming from router via ethernet cable - by littlemac - 27-Jun-2018, 14:05