Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D250pro vs D1000pro on B&W 802 D3
I received my d-premier upgraded in 250 pro on monday.
Sadly it came back with some scratch Huh Huh and a impact or bubble on the screen under the glass  Huh Huh 
I reported it to devialet immediatly with pictures and now I have to call them everyday to get an update as they don't provide any  Angry
I didn't see that at first when I unpacked the devialet as the amplifier was very very cold (the plan trip I guess) so after unpacking, it start to condense until it get warmer.

I took some time to listen both 250 pro. I didn't notice perceptible change in sound quality even if the first D250pro is white and the other one is chrome.

Create a D1000 configuration throught the website and understand how to connect the whole thing were easy. I use a VOVOX link protect AD coaxial cable to link both 250 pro since devialet refused to provide their standard cable with the upgrade.

So I start a quick listenning session without expecting that much improvement and with fear to hear a little delay between the 2 channels.

Hopefully fear and scepticism disapeared quicky. It sound sweet, really sweet... like I can hear much more of this class A sound. both channels merge perfectly, image feel bigger, sound much more immersive and realistic. Some people told me that dual mono can be addictive, I understand now why they said this. These amplifiers must have been engineered to work better in dual mono, that's my thought.
When my girlfriend came back at home, without knowing I made a upgrade, and after spending some time in the kitchen just close to the living room, she said : wow, music is like a caress to the ears  Smile 

Roon/Devialet Air/HTPC USB => Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity => Nordost Frey 2/strap Norse 2 => BW 802 D3

Messages In This Thread
D250pro vs D1000pro on B&W 802 D3 - by zaienk - 16-Jul-2018, 09:18
RE: D250pro vs D1000pro on B&W 802 D3 - by ogs - 16-Jul-2018, 09:44
RE: D250pro vs D1000pro on B&W 802 D3 - by Jan - 09-Nov-2019, 18:10
RE: D250pro vs D1000pro on B&W 802 D3 - by zaienk - 24-Nov-2019, 17:03