Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No news....!? Is Devialet Chat dying in it’s boredom?
(07-Sep-2018, 21:17)streamy Wrote: No news from Devialet! The forum seems to become lethargic. No criticism, only an observation. Is this what we expect of a company that wants to make it right for their customers? Not to overpromis and underdeliver seem to stall activity here in the forum. Are we such satisfied or already in consternation or even worse jumping boat?
I used to work for another French company, Michelin, which for many years would develop its own tire-making equipment, believing that home-grown manufacturing was the only way to achieve superior quality.  Over time, it leaned that quality could be maintained and costs could be dramatically reduced by moving to industry-standard machines and adapting those machines to the Michelin quality system.  So, what does this have to do with Devialet?  I think the company might be too insular, living in its own cocoon.  On the other hand, we are incredibly lucky that Devialet permitted Roon to fix the problems with AIR, so clearly they are willing at times to move out of their self-imposed ecosystem.  Yet I continue to think that the Roon initiative was more of a one-off, and that Devialet isn't much into third-party partnerships.  In addition, as we all know, the company has poor customer communications.  This reminds me again of Michelin, which for years was not willing to share any information until it was iron-clad perfect.  That would often lead to criticisms that the company was secretive.  In the end, Michelin became more transparent to its benefit.  I think Devialet could learn from the lessons learned at Michelin.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No news....!? Is Devialet Chat dying in it’s boredom? - by Flashman - 08-Sep-2018, 14:39