Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No news....!? Is Devialet Chat dying in it’s boredom?
(08-Sep-2018, 13:34)mdconnelly Wrote:
(08-Sep-2018, 13:07)Jean-Marie Wrote: And maybe we are now spending more time enjoying music than typing.
Jean-Marie

+1

Personally, I find myself 100% content with my Expert Pros at the moment... no problems, no concerns, no annoying bugs that I wish would get fixed.   Admittedly, that has rarely happened in the last few years of my Devialet ownership, but I currently find myself blissfully content in listening to music.

Yet I, too, still return here routinely to see what new things may be going on with Devialet.   Admittedly, we just got past August where I suspect not a lot of anything occurred, but I suspect that will change soon enough.

+1 to both posts. I don't need to be be constantly or regularly fussing with the gear. In fact, I'd rather not be pestered with new products or updates every few months. I don't think the forum is dying or withering, either; if the 'what are you listening to' thread is alive and active, I take that as a very good sign. There are still bugs that need fixing and software that needs improving and I'm going to assume they have the time, resources and wisdom to be doing those things. It is probably true that the Phantom has more sore spots that need attention, but I think Phantom owners want the fixes to be good, and that takes time.

Some people like to play with the gear as much as anything else, and they will jump from ship to ship regardless of the product performance. Some have been frustrated with Devialet but that is the case with every brand of every product. Now I'm going to get a beer, settle into my chair, and spend some time with my head back, my ears open and my eyes closed.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: No news....!? Is Devialet Chat dying in it’s boredom? - by Damon - 08-Sep-2018, 23:03