Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No news....!? Is Devialet Chat dying in it’s boredom?
(09-Sep-2018, 21:20)Magagne Wrote: I think the best thing happen to Devialet is Roon.

I've had a 120, sold it due to so much pain of crackling (Roon didn't exist at that time), did everything I can to resolve crackling, I Just sold it for a NAIM 272/250 with MinimServe/DLNA. I came back again to Devialet with a 220Pro,  (with the old network card) to get more power/grip and of Roon integration. Roon on NAIM 272 will never happen so I took a decision to give another chance to Devialet. I have it since a year now and I never regret to came back. Never.

All problem I had, is now a bad nightmare of the past. Don't forget that NAIM had a lot of problems at the beginning of their streamer and took time to stabilise. Even their new series had so much trouble. Over due dead line, etc. a lot of frustration.

Some continu to have problems with their Devialet, I ear your frustration, hoooo yes, I lost soooo many hours to trouble shoot my old 120 network. I didn't count how many HOURS I put on this. But there's a lot of improvement from Devialet, and they continu to stabilise it, with firmware/OS update, etc. so hold on, hold on.

For my part, I can say that I'm an happy camper, no white noise/crackling, no hicup, no drop, just beautiful music. I put all chances on my side with simple thing that cost nothing: Ethernet network between Roon Server & Devialet router, full STP (shielded) CAT 7 cable (don't freak to get expensive cable, just STP, good build quality do the job), trusty router, and nothing fussy network. I still wait to upgrade my CoreInfinity board and want to be sure it is 90% bug free. I don't want to suffer again. RAAT will be the cherry on the cake when it will arrive for sure... but maybe another period of beta/debugging too...so don't be too hurry to try it Cool or, it can be perfect on day one too, who knows Big Grin Devialet is a bag of surprise. Sound of Devialet is the first surprise, the second one, is Roon.

I completely agree on Roon being the best thing to happen to Devialet.

The CI board also improved the wifi reception. I stream via wifi up to 24/192 without a glitch.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa

Messages In This Thread
RE: No news....!? Is Devialet Chat dying in it’s boredom? - by Drifter - 10-Sep-2018, 18:41