Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No news....!? Is Devialet Chat dying in it’s boredom?
(11-Sep-2018, 03:46)David A Wrote:
(11-Sep-2018, 00:57)Pim Wrote: I’m sure I read somewhere on the Roon forum that streaming over WIFI was restricted to 96 kHz. I guess that’s over RAAT then. There’s a plus side to AIR we hadn’t thought about.

It's not over RAAT, it's over Roon Air. Look at the Roon screenshot which states "Devialet AIR" and the photo of the Devialet display which shows AIR over wifi. A Devialet update allowing the use off RAAT has been promised but has not yet been released and no date for it has been announced though there have been comments that it will be this year.

Reading what I wrote I see it can be understood in two ways. Let me try again. Smile

I think that RAAT is restricted to 96kHz over WIFI. @Drifter shows Roon AIR can stream 192kHz so that's the advantage of using AIR over RAAT (when RAAT comes to Devialet)
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No news....!? Is Devialet Chat dying in it’s boredom? - by Pim - 11-Sep-2018, 05:25