Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have I made the wrong choice with Devialet?
I decided to upgrade my sound system a month ago, so I bought an Expert Pro 250, Wilson Sabrinas and a LP12 with Windfeld Ti cartridge. I use the system to listen to vinyl, stream some music (vinyl is my preference) and to hook the system up to my TV and game consoles for video streaming with AppleTV and gaming with a PS4 Pro, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. 

I am considering buying another 250 so that I can go dual-mono, but I keep thinking to myself that perhaps there are better solutions. I was shocked and disappointed about how noisy the phono stage is on the 250 with a low output cartridge. And the only way to fix that was to spend another $1700 on an Ortofon SUT to match the Windfeld (a solution which was provided by this community and not Devialet). I was also surprised by the amount of negativity focused on Devialet, especially with regard to their customer service and their failure to deliver on the promise of Core Infinity. This then got me to wondering how much of that purchase price on the Expert Pro is going to operating Devialet's fancy stores in New York City, their sales staff, etc. etc., essentially, how much money am I spending on overhead that is specific to Devialet (with only the likes of Bose having similar costs) and how much is actually going to the cost of the product itself?

So before I spend a grand total of almost $40,000 to power my speakers, I was wondering what your experience has been with the 1000. I'm guessing that the 1000 isn't your first system. Are you satisfied with it? Do you feel you are getting a system which is comparable to what you would get if you spent the same amount on separate components with manufacturers who don't have similar costs to Devialet? Given how I use the 250, do you think there are better alternatives given the total cost of 1000? 

Would love to hear everyone's experiences and input. And thank you so much. Even though there may be dissatisfaction with the company, this community is extraordinarily helpful and positive.

-Steve

Messages In This Thread
Have I made the wrong choice with Devialet? - by Dev_Steve - 07-Nov-2018, 18:06