Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have I made the wrong choice with Devialet?
Can't help you with your 1000 PRO upgrade question or the Phono one for that matter.
What I can say is that going from a 220 to 440 was a significant upgrade. It added more power (obviously) but that broadened the soundstage, increased resolution and detail at lower volumes and simply resulted in my speakers sounding more effortless. I'm sure the move from 250 to 1000 will yield the same type of results.
I'm often astounded at the negativity towards the Devialet. Yes their streaming solution took some time to mature and yes it only gathered speed after lots of people moaned. After many battles with streaming two things sorted my issues out, the CI upgrade and throwing out my Apple Airport Extreme. My system is now rock solid, not a single stutter, no "device in use" issues, nothing but pure audio.
When I look at the amount of issues people have with expensive German vehicles, with operating system software from the largest software houses in the world etc etc, the issues that people had with Devialet is definitely not unique to them. Just today I had the opportunity to listen to a set of Vivid Audio G1 driven by an mono set of D-Premiers and my goodness, the combo sounded magical. I compare that to a set of B&W 800D driven by a Synthesis valve amp or a set of Sonus Faber Amati Futura driven by Naim (both that I listened to recently) and my choice would be the "ancient" set of D-premiers every time.
Anycase those are my thoughts

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have I made the wrong choice with Devialet? - by Drifter - 07-Nov-2018, 19:05