Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have I made the wrong choice with Devialet?
I'm with @Drifter on the impact of going dual mono. For me, going from a single 220 Pro to the 440 Pro significantly improved the immersive experience. Tonally, it will still sound just like what you have, but transient response, dynamics, base impact, etc... all contribute to a more immersive, musically engaging experience. I really can't speak to whether it's worth the price of admission or if there is something better out there... but I'd be quite surprised if you weren't impressed by the improvement a 2nd 250 would bring. Then again, I'm certain your 250 is already making your Sabrinas sing.

And while Devialet certainly leaves many wanting in certain areas such as communication and pace of development, they do make astounding audio components and that's what it's all about.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have I made the wrong choice with Devialet? - by mdconnelly - 07-Nov-2018, 21:31