Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have I made the wrong choice with Devialet?
(07-Nov-2018, 21:31)mdconnelly Wrote: I'm with @Drifter on the impact of going dual mono.   For me, going from a single 220 Pro to the 440 Pro significantly improved the immersive experience.   Tonally, it will still sound just like what you have, but transient response, dynamics, base impact, etc... all contribute to a more immersive, musically engaging experience.    I really can't speak to whether it's worth the price of admission or if there is something better out there... but I'd be quite surprised if you weren't impressed by the improvement a 2nd 250 would bring.   Then again, I'm certain your 250 is already making your Sabrinas sing.

And while Devialet certainly leaves many wanting in certain areas such as communication and pace of development, they do make astounding audio components and that's what it's all about.
I have to concur with @Drifter and @mdconnelly , last weekend I finally got around to moving my other 220 Pro into the living room and combining it with my other 220 Pro to drive my Focal Sopra 2s, I had been happy running with one 220 Pro but wow what an improvement, soundstage, immediacy, clarity all improved considerably, I’m now even happier. Leaves me with a problem however, I now have a pair of speakers that need an amp/streamer, so do I buy another Devialet, tempted to say the least
Oh and with regard to German cars, there are 2 safety recalls out on my expensive BMW
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have I made the wrong choice with Devialet? - by Dannythered - 08-Nov-2018, 18:10