Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about the switch from tubes to a Devialet...
I think that, AFAIK, I am the only Gallo Strada 2 user in the forum! I am using it with a Devialet 200, and with cabling and supports fro Mapleshade. Extremely satisfied! Probably the best sound ever - and I have been using tubes also. You may lose a little bit of magic, but you get clarity that cannot be compared.

I beg you a favour: please vote for the Stradas in the "Vote for SAM" initiative, in the Devialet website. The stradas are quite anemic from 200 down to 60 hz, and they would enjoy reinforcement and bass alignment in that area - just what SAM does. With it, they would not need the near-the-floor alignment of mapleshade, and you could play the subwoofer from much lower, getting much better integration.
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking about the switch from tubes to a Devialet... - by Divasson - 09-Dec-2014, 00:56