Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any in depth Reactor reviews or users here?
It has been a month now since I am enjoying the Reactor, essentially with CD/Hi-res audio source files using Audirvana. I just moved for work, leaving a pair of Atohm GT3 behind so I neeeeded some good sound, hence the reactor.

- For the size, the low end part of the spectrum, the bass is absolutely stunning. Powerful, fast, precise for sure.
- I feel a real sound quality gain using Network streaming over Bluetooth.
- I am a bit less enthusiastic on the medium, they might be drowned by the bass... Especially female voices on Jazz tracks in the presence of a contrabass... I don't really know if that's just a perceived sensation.
- Room correction? Certainly due to its location (near two walls in an angle), I had a really bad resonating low-frequency that disappears when placing the speaker right in the middle of the room... not co convenient. Sadly, I had to use a software equalizer and reduce the 80Hz frequency at -5dB!! Now it's way better.
- I really miss the openness of stereo speaker, so I guess we'll wait for Devialet to release this feature. Any idea on how it would work without the dialog hub via UPnP/AirPlay?

Another comment: The listening conditions in stores are really bad and detrimental to the product.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any in depth Reactor reviews or users here? - by Mangeurdpommes - 09-Jan-2019, 23:11