Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any in depth Reactor reviews or users here?
(10-May-2019, 07:28)petrik Wrote: I have had a pair of Reactor 900s for a while now. I can mostly agree with the comments above that these do sound very, very good in general. They sound is smooth and pleasant all the time. The most surprising thing definitely is that these do generate a lot of bass for their size. My Reactor 900s are located in a quite big room, roughly about 40 sqm and away from walls, and I think that these still do generate too much bass in this room. They sound a bit heavy and slow because of this reason. I wish there would be a parametric EQ or some similar solution for doing the room correction as I prefer a flat frequency response in the bass. Therefore I would say that the bass, one of the biggest strengths of the Reactors is in the same time its biggest weakness. This of course depends on your personal preferences regarding the SQ, room acoustics and where you place these in the room.

I have asked from Devialet's support if there would be some way to adjust the bass but unfortunately their answer is 'no'. Here is the message that I got from them:
Quote:We didn't add EQ setup to our Speaker because we don't want to adjust the sound quality or change it but, we would like to keep what the musician produced and all the adjustment that the've done.

It's just the fact that I'm not getting "what the musician produced" because of the room acoustic issues and there is no way to do the room correction with the Reactors...

I have compared these directly to the Genelec 8330 speakers that have a built-in room correction making it possible to get a flat frequency response to the listening position. The biggest difference between the Genelec 8330 and the Reactor 900 is definitely in the bass. The Genelec 8330s aren't capable of doing the bass below 45-50 Hz but they still happen to sound very involving and exiting to listen to. Reactor 900s sound a bit smoother, maybe also slightly darker, and definitely more like a full range speaker as they go down to about 25 Hz in my room, but in the same time the Reactor 900s generate too much bass in my room and probably this makes the sound a bit boring and slow overall when compared to the Genelec 8330.

I also have my Reactors in a small room and the bass is a problem.  I see you have Roon also. I used REW and the instructions on the Roon site to measure and create Parametric EQ settings to reduce the bass until it is as near flat as I can get it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any in depth Reactor reviews or users here? - by fgleason - 10-May-2019, 15:27