Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First experience 140pro upgrade
I've been having the same issue since the Pro CI upgrade. Devialet support has been "working" on it for many months but it is a struggle to get contact out of them and they've not figured out the problem. It isn't my cable, my network, or anything exterior the Devialet. The issue is intermittent, so sometimes works for a bit, but we can't get ethernet to work for long. It is distressing how unresponsive and incompetent Devialet support is, but I'm more concerned with their technical competence. They broke ethernet, can't figure out why, nor what to do about it.
They also broke WiFi. It used to work with a offline password (using a text file on the SD-card instead of the online configurator) but that option is broken. It also used to work on a hidden network (SSID broadcast disabled), but no longer.
The Pro CI networking seems half baked and a big step backwards. Maybe they're concentrating on the promised Devialet OS upgrade to fix this, but unless they hire competent software developers improvements seem unlikely. I just hope that their software team wasn't downgraded as much as their customer-support team has been. If others are having these problems speak up and maybe we can get Devialet's attention.

Messages In This Thread
First experience 140pro upgrade - by Frasup - 19-Dec-2018, 23:19
RE: First experience 140pro upgrade - by deviousalet - 23-Dec-2018, 15:04
RE: First experience 140pro upgrade - by arcam - 23-Dec-2018, 16:19