Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone seen RAAT come up on Roon?
No, it's not showing here.

I'm running the latest version 1.6 of Roon on an Antipodes DS. I just see the usual Devialet AIR option.

What I'd really like to see a picture of is the his Roon Audio Settings screen showing the devices that Roon can access, not the Zones list because you can rename Zones. The Audio Settings screen shows the devices and the names you assign to the zones those devices are in. Thot Zones screen image really tells us nothing.

Go back to this post in the thread on the Devialet presentation at Munich last year: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Munich-2...5#pid75145

Scroll down to the 3rd photo you will see the Audio Settings screen for an Expert Pro running a beta of Devialet firmware with RAAT. You will see a listing for a Roon Ready Devialet Expert. Note that the Zone Name says "Expert Roon Ready", not "Devialet RAAT". That's what we're going to see when we eventually get RAAT. There's no mention of the "RAAT" acronym anywhere to be seen and the zone name is editable. The Zone listing in the photo you copied from the Roon thread really tells us nothing other than the fact that he has a zone called "Devialet RAAT" and that's a name he could have given the zone himself. It certainly doesn't prove that he's got RAAT up and running on his Devialet.

And that kind of item in the Audio Settings screen isn't going to show up at any time with the current version of the Devialet firmware/OS software. We need an update to the current firmware/OS from Devialet before we're going to see anything show up in the Audio Settings list and that's what's important because for something to show up in the Zones listing it first has to be listed in the Audio Settings device list, the device needs to be enabled, and the name that will show in the Zones listing is whatever name appears in the Audio Settings list.

Unless that guy has access to a version of the Devialet firmware/OS which isn't currently available to us, that "Devialet RAAT" item in that Zones listing refers to a zone that has been renamed from something else and it certainly doesn't mean that RAAT is available to him.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Has anyone seen RAAT come up on Roon? - by Pim - 28-Jan-2019, 03:56
RE: Has anyone seen RAAT come up on Roon? - by David A - 28-Jan-2019, 06:23