Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version: Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4 Date: 2019-02-12
(13-Feb-2019, 11:07)thumb5 Wrote:
(13-Feb-2019, 10:35)ada Wrote: All of us are focused on RAAT/Roon ready part of the update but I made some measurements with my miniDSP UMIK-1 and there are significant changes in other input sources also. I think overall there are updates in all the ecosystem of the unit. Probably the update is not limited to Roon ready while it has been marketed in that way. I will keep testing/measuring but there is a clear improvement on the low frequency bass parts for now.

That's an interesting discovery - can you share your before/after measurements?

As all of us, I am kind of batman, when I go back to house I will share some REW results. Actually the difference that I saw is more on 20-40Hz and that part was low in my Electra 1008BE because of the nature of the speakers. But will share some before after results.

(13-Feb-2019, 11:13)Soniclife Wrote:
(13-Feb-2019, 10:35)ada Wrote: All of us are focused on RAAT/Roon ready part of the update but I made some measurements with my miniDSP UMIK-1 and there are significant changes in other input sources also. I think overall there are updates in all the ecosystem of the unit. Probably the update is not limited to Roon ready while it has been marketed in that way. I will keep testing/measuring but there is a clear improvement on the low frequency bass parts for now.

Very interesting, what are you seeing in the measurements, changes to frequency response, distortion, group delay or something else?  Is this with or without SAM?

I'd like to think I was going to spend the time trying this myself, but I probably don't have the time, or more accurately when I have the time won't have the inclination, I didn't even bother to apply the new firmware last night, just listened to music instead, like a normal person Wink.

There is a change in the frequency response, I couldn't go deep for the rest of the measurements. As I use bookshelf Focal Electra 1008 BEs, I always use SAM enabled (it makes the sound better both for ears and measurements and EQ for room correction is much successful in that way)

If I have enough time during the weekend, I would like to test old and new with/out SAM and try to see all different combinations/differences. I will try to share all SPL, Waterfall, RT60 etc. But of course, all the measurements will be based on my listening room and could impact the others in different ways...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Version: Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4 Date: 2019-02-12 - by ada - 13-Feb-2019, 12:06