Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version: Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4 Date: 2019-02-12
(13-Feb-2019, 12:06)ada Wrote: As all of us, I am kind of batman, when I go back to house I will share some REW results. Actually the difference that I saw is more on 20-40Hz and that part was low in my Electra 1008BE because of the nature of the speakers. But will share some before after results.

There is a change in the frequency response, I couldn't go deep for the rest of the measurements. As I use bookshelf Focal Electra 1008 BEs, I always use SAM enabled (it makes the sound better both for ears and measurements and EQ for room correction is much successful in that way)

If I have enough time during the weekend, I would like to test old and new with/out SAM and try to see all different combinations/differences. I will try to share all SPL, Waterfall, RT60 etc. But of course, all the measurements will be based on my listening room and could impact the others in different ways...

I was listening to Arild Anderson's "Elektra" tonight and I noticed a subtle change in the tone of his double bass, a slight increase in richness/warmth related to what sounds to me like a bit more tone from the body of the instrument. It was a small shift but I know the record well and that just stood out to me. The bass also seems a bit more open and detailed. I think part of what may be going on is a slight improvement in the signal to noise and/or distortion characteristics allowing me to hear something which was masked previously.

I am noticing changes. They're not big changes that jump out at me in a way that tells me what has changed, but they are changes that let me hear a little more detail or tonal character in some things and they show up as small details in the sound rather than larger shifts in the overall character of the sound.

I would expect your measurements to show very small differences if any. I think things like waterfall plots and RT60 relate to speaker and room characteristics more than amplifier characteristics and I think things like signal to noise and distortion measurements for the amp specifically might be needed to identify what's going on. Even so , it will be interesting to see if anything does show in the measurements you make.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Version: Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4 Date: 2019-02-12 - by David A - 13-Feb-2019, 13:32