Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version: Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4 Date: 2019-02-12
(13-Feb-2019, 21:39)David A Wrote:
(13-Feb-2019, 16:38)brit Wrote: Have now downloaded the latest Devialet firmware for Devialet RAAT, and must say that I am very impressed. All works fine and SQ remains fantastic. Just one thing I have noticed, and that is an anomaly in the Signal Path. Whilst the Path recognises that my 1000 pro is the RAAT device, the graphics at the bottom shows my device as a Devialet Expert Pro 250! Not too sure what the issue is here - is it me or is there a minor bug? Has anyone else noticed this?

David

I don't have a dual mono amp but I think I know what's going on.

The dual mono amps are 2 stereo amps configured together. Roon only communicates over the network with the master and it reports information that the master returns. The master in your case is a 250 and that's what the info it is sending back to Roon is obviously saying and in one way what Roon is saying is correct. It's seeing a 250 on the network. The 250 is doing things which make it operate as a 1000 but the internals of the master are those of a 250.

I don't think it's a bug, I think it's simply the result of the fact that Roon is talking to a 250. The info the 250 is returning to Roon doesn't include information stating that it's a 250 configured in mono mode and also feeding another 250 with the two of them making a 1000. Maybe Devialet can change the data returned to Roon over the network but I'm not certain I'd call what you're seeing a bug. It could also be seen as an anomaly arising from the fact that you're using two 250s in a specific way but the amp Roon is talking to is a 250 and it just so happens that the master 250 is also communicating with another 250, the companion.
Whilst I understand, to an extent, what you are saying, at post #27 @Elztalbiker seems to indicate that his D440 monos are OK, but that his D1000 is not. So it would seem to be OK with the 440 but not the 1000 Huh . I have sought advice from Devialet, so await their input.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Version: Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4 Date: 2019-02-12 - by brit - 13-Feb-2019, 22:11