Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version: Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4 Date: 2019-02-12
(02-Apr-2019, 15:11)mdconnelly Wrote: "According to Manson at Devialet, what you cannot do is have both your Dev and server plugged into the back of your router."

What?   That doesn't make sense to me.  But I also tested by running my RoonServer PC into a gigabit switch and Devialet into the same switch.  Then ethernet from switch back to router.   Still got dropouts and the Roon error.   In my experience (and it appears from many others) gigabit ethernet into an Expert Pro will result in dropouts and errors when using Roon RAAT and hi-res audio.

But the following does work:

1) Roonserver PC reset to 10/100 mpbs to router, router to Devialet  (i.e. forces a 10/100 mbps network run to Devialet)
2) Roonserver PC (at gigabit speed) to router, router to 10/100 mbps switch, switch to Devialet.

The Cisco switch you're using appears to be a 10/100 mbps switch is likely the reason you're not currently seeing the dropouts and errors.

Hi folks

How does one check the actual connection speed ?

I use an Apple Airport Extreme as a hub, with the ROCK going into that via cable, and the Devialet coming out, also via cable. No other switches in the path There are other switches in the system, but they too are all Gigabit. My assumption has always been that this is a gigabit network, but happily I have never experienced the issue.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Version: Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4 Date: 2019-02-12 - by Zappydev - 02-Apr-2019, 16:42