Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(01-Apr-2019, 23:31)David A Wrote:
(01-Apr-2019, 21:44)audio_engr Wrote:
(01-Apr-2019, 21:24)David A Wrote: As I said, I'm using the same switch. My Antipodes and my Devialet are both connected directly to the switch and the switch connects to my Orbi router. I have never seen the "Audio file is loading slowly" message, either with Roon streaming music from the drive in my Antipodes or with Roon streaming from Tidal. The indicator lights for each connection on the switch show I've got gigabit ethernet on all connections. I'm not noticing any problem with RAAT and gigabit ethernet.

The only difference between your & my setup is Antipodes for you & Nucleus for me ... 

Now what could be the issue that mine doesn't play yet your does ? 

Anyone comment on this ?

I can think of a big difference between my Antipodes DS and your Nucleus: grunt. The Antipodes is running a Celeron processor and Antipodes under clock their processors. I'm in the process of ordering a Nucleus+ to replace it because I'm starting to run into problems. I updated it's operating system a few days before we got the Roon Ready update for our Devialets and the Antipodes started running slower after the update. I currently can't reliably access my play history in Roon. It still plays music fine but there are some operations in Roon including searching that I routinely do which are now slowing down and accessing history is often impossible, definitely impossible if music is playing and unreliable if music isn't playing. I may have a gigabit connection but that doesn't tell us whether the Antipodes is delivering data at the same speed as your Nucleus. I may be running on a gigabit highway  but I'm currently driving a 60's VW beetle and you're driving a Ferrari by comparison. Perhaps the difference is somewhere in there.

As I said, I'm in the process of ordering a Nucleus. It will be interesting to see what happens when I simply pull the Antipodes from my system and replace it with a Nucleus with no other changes on my network.

The Nucleus may prove to be a not completely successful fix for my processing power problem.

I've got 24/192 working fine with two switches. The Innuos processor is new, but not as fast as Nucleus.  

See setup and images here:
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by ssfas - 02-Apr-2019, 22:29