Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(07-Apr-2019, 10:24)Confused Wrote:

What this implies to me is that this issue is not all about 100BASE-T, it is more of a case of getting other parameters set to be suitable for use with 1000BASE-T.  I guess there are differences between Devialet's RAAT implementation and that from SOtM, but the above may provide a hint as to what is going on.

Actually it may imply a Roon problem. If you check the "What is RAAT" item on Roon's website  https://kb.roonlabs.com/RAAT  there's the following statement:

"Support for new streaming services, file formats, DRM schemes, etc can be supported without firmware upgrade. In fact, the only reason an upgrade should be required is to fix a low-level bug, or to access more hardware functionality. This is really important. Not all partners/hardware have easy firmware update paths that can be done at home. Our acceptance of this reality has deeply influenced RAAT's design. Just as with Google's Cast devices,the majority of the business logic is delivered to the device at run-time as a script. This means that we are capable of completely re-designing the audio streaming and buffering logic without updating device firmware.tThis is absolutely critical, since most of the bugs + evolution in a system like this relate to networking, not audio. Other than Cast, we are unaware of another system that is this flexible."

I've bolded the relevant part. If the buffer is involved then the fix may be that Roon update the run time script they use for Devialet and I suspect that gets done with an update to their Roon Ready database which is what they did to fix the unidentified Roon Ready device problem so it may be possible for Roon to fix the problem, if it is their problem, without the need for a firmware update to Roon or to the Devialet.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by David A - 07-Apr-2019, 20:50