Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
(05-Jun-2019, 16:45)Flashman Wrote: Just received this reply today from Karen at Devialet:

We know that some other clients have problems similar to 1Gbits but not 100Mbits: however, we have never managed to reproduce these problems here in our lab. This problem will be corrected eventually. In the meantime, 100Mbit usage would be a relevant and sufficient solution for audio.

Wow, that's a bit different from the responses I received from Ginger at Devialet awhile back.   Her initial response (back in early March) was that they hadn't seen this problem and that I should contact Roon or just use AIR... then closed the ticket.   Frustrated, I reopened it and kept pestering given the number of people experiencing the problem.  Her last response in early April was ... 

"... the problem with hi-res 24-bit music is now a known issue to our Expert team. 

Unfortunately, I was informed that so far we have no solution apart from using Roon + Air, which perfectly works at gigabits speeds. 
Our engineer is working on it but it probably takes some time. We will send out communication with any updates via Newsletter."

I suppose none of these marginally useful responses from Devialet should be a surprise, but it is frustrating and hardly confidence-inducing. 
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by mdconnelly - 05-Jun-2019, 17:56