Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
As I indicated in my response to John on the Roon thread, I'm puzzled when he says that the majority of users are not experiencing this problem. I can readily believe that the that the majority of users do not stream hi-res content on a gigabit ethernet network and therefore may never see this issue. That's great. But if he really means that the majority of users that do stream hi-res content at gigabit speeds are not experiencing the problem, than I want some of whatever they got. I've seen a few posts here from users that are not having this problem on their gigabit network streaming hi-res. I am both envious and curious.

But John's bottom line ... "This issue can only be resolved by Devialet. " seems pretty clear. I do believe Devialet will eventually reallocate resources to this, but I suspect we won't see it for awhile. Until then, I'll likely continue to resubmit Devialet tickets asking for an update every few months. I just don't want to see it fall through a crack. Like a dog with a bone, I love my Roon/Expert Pro combo too much to let it go.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by mdconnelly - 01-Aug-2019, 00:50