Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
I just made the same additional tests as per my previous posts, also direct cable connection, but this time using another network card (3rd one - an USB card): LINKSYS USB3GIG.
I tested multiple scenarios:
- Using network card with USB 2 port, and with USB 3. On both USB 2+3, the network connection speed is set to 1000 Mbps. This is the “technical” connection speed.
- Using auto negotiated speed 1000 Mbps, manual speeds 1000 Mbps, 100 Mbps and 10 Mbps.
The bug is occurring on USB 3, but it is not occurring on USB 2. On USB 2 everything works fine: no “Audio file loading slowly” error, and no network traffic fluctuations. This is for RAAT protocol. AIR protocol is working fine in any circumstances, configurations and settings.

Even “technical” connection speed is 1000 Mbps for both USB 2+3, USB 2 is limiting the “actual” connection speed (data traffic) to less than 1000 Mbps. This is the only network card that allows me to test different actual connection speeds over the same “technical” connection speed.

As per my limited networking knowledge, and results of all tests that I performed, my deduction is that RAAT protocol over Ethernet is generating communication errors (and package resend). This is happening at any network connection speed (including 10 + 100 + 1000 Mbps). Still, this has a user perceivable effect only when large amount of data is involved (e.g. 192kHz audio files).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly" - by daniel.avasilichioaei - 03-Aug-2019, 09:01