Poll: Do you prefer Roon RAAT or Roon Integrated AIR
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Roon Integrated AIR
23.08%
30 23.08%
Roon RAAT
34.62%
45 34.62%
They sound the same
16.92%
22 16.92%
Not sure, they sound similar, maybe depends on what music I am listening to.
13.08%
17 13.08%
I realy can't be bothered to A/B test
12.31%
16 12.31%
Total 130 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which sounds best? Roon RAAT or Roon Integrated AIR
(31-May-2019, 14:51)iamwappie Wrote: For me AIR sounds better.

Besides that Roon has confirmed an issue I have. When using up sampling all songs skip a small first part of the song. This cannot be  changed by setting a delay in the settings.
Yes, my experience also. I suspect that the various preferences for Air or RAAT may be the simple equation of how a system is put together and how it balances out the sound using the various components in the system. I’ve just returned from a weekend of DIY hi-fi presentations and it was clear that all the different systems worked as the owner intended but change any component in the system and the sound had the potential to collapse, or enhance performance if an area of weakness was identified.

At the moment, with qobuz into roon, I’m also struggling to stream high res. I’m hoping that some tweaking of my system will sort this out. We shall see.
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which sounds best? Roon RAAT or Roon Integrated AIR - by Greg - 02-Jun-2019, 20:13