Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why SAM don't support Lowther?
@kamikaze
For a speaker to have a SAM profile, it must be measured, and then the profile created. There are hundreds of speakers available and to get a SAM profile, either the speaker needs to go to Devialet's lab, or the mobile lab must go to where the speaker is. The last time I looked at the list of SAM'd speakers, it was.... 700? A huge number.

They have measured many current and past speaker models, but they cannot do every single speaker from every manufacturer. I'd love a profile for mine, but the serial number on my speakers is 301; not many pairs in existence. It makes sense to measure for the most popular, or numerous speaker models, even though there are many outstanding speakers that do not sell in large numbers or do not have wide distribution.

If, as @ogs says, Lowther makes drivers only, it would be especially difficult to profile a speaker as there would be no way to have a standardized cabinet.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
Why SAM don't support Lowther? - by kamikaze - 27-Mar-2019, 11:05
RE: Why SAM don't support Lowther? - by ogs - 27-Mar-2019, 12:32
RE: Why SAM don't support Lowther? - by Damon - 27-Mar-2019, 18:35
RE: Why SAM don't support Lowther? - by ogs - 29-Mar-2019, 13:13
RE: Why SAM don't support Lowther? - by ogs - 29-Mar-2019, 22:30
RE: Why SAM don't support Lowther? - by ogs - 30-Mar-2019, 11:19