Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 220 remote control issue
(14-May-2019, 04:16)Axel Wrote:
(14-May-2019, 04:11)Rocketmannequin Wrote: Same here.  The remote with my 120 was firm and smooth and with the 220 CI upgrade is instead lumpy, bumpy and grainy.  Why couldn’t they just have let me keep my original remote?   Certainly not as enjoyable as before, and feels cheap to use.  Has anyone successfully followed the YouTube video to any success?  Please share the link as well.
I never had any problems like you describe with my remote, even when it came back after the CI upgrade

Here is the link to the YouTube video: https://youtu.be/hRwBMqYedZQ

I would think that the grittiness must be coming from the interface between the spline on the inside of the volume knob and the small white cog. Try to give this as good a clean as possible and see what muck you get out from between the splines.
Axel, I believe the issue at hand is that the remotes are new, so there shouldn't be any muck in them.  I think that Devialet must have done something in the manufacturing process to reduce costs and, unfortunately, it has given the remotes a rather pedestrian feel.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet 220 remote control issue - by ogs - 08-May-2019, 15:51
RE: Devialet 220 remote control issue - by Flashman - 14-May-2019, 13:14