Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July
(23-Jul-2019, 21:09)David A Wrote: @ssfas

You have just explained why you don't get the problem. It does not occur if you are using the Devialet's wifi input, it only occurs if you are using a gigabit wired connection to the Devialet and it does not occur for everyone who uses the gigabit wired connection. For some such as me it occurs rarely and is not a big issue, for others it occurs a lot and is a big issue. It should not occur with a wired ethernet connection.

You say your experience strongly suggests the errors are coming from Roon. I have a separate HT setup in a different room. It includes an Oppo BD103 disc player which, like my Devialet, is Roon Ready and which is also connected to the network via a wired gigabit ethernet connection. Sending a 192/24 resolution stream from Roon triggers the problem with my Devialet but the problem does not occur with the Oppo. Other people with other Roon Ready endpoint devices besides their Devialet also report the problem occurring with their Devialet but not with their other endpoints.  If Roon works flawlessly with other Roon Ready endpoints on the same network and not with the Devialet, then that suggests the problem does not come from Roon or from the network but from the endpoint which has the problem and that endpoint is my Devialet.

I only wish it was a fault with Roon because I have complete confidence they would expedite a solution.  But logic dictates that it could not be Roon's fault.  Remember, Roon did not change their RAAT protocol  to support our Expert Pros.   That was done solely within the Devialet OS/firmware released back early in the year.    Now, perhaps there is something with our routers or networks that is contributing to the problem, but it's hard to imagine why no other Roon Ready devices seem to experience it.     

Be that as it may, it is a problem for many without a resolution (and seemingly none coming anytime soon).   Fortunately, using wifi or a slower ethernet connection to the Expert Pro does seem to circumvent the problem.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK event with Mathieu Pernot - 17 July - by mdconnelly - 23-Jul-2019, 21:37